What You Need to Know to Register Your Student
Thank you for your interest in enrolling in one of our schools! This page was designed to help you navigate the enrollment process.
Due to COVID-19 the Sacramento City Unified School District has developed an enrollment process that is in compliance with the Governor’s stay at home policy keeping both a student’s/parents and SCUSD staff safe.
The Enrollment Center is now offering two ways to register during the school closures.
The Enrollment Center is now offering online registration through our new webform. You will be required to submit supporting documents (see What You Need to Enroll below) on the form.
Submit a Paper Copy Registration Packet
Starting April 20, our Enrollment Center Lobby will be open from 8:00am to 1:00pm. Application forms will be posted on the southeast wall and completed applications can be placed in an envelope and dropped in our secure mailbox also located in the lobby. This box will be checked each Friday and a technician will contact you to complete the process.
Early Kinder Registration Packet
- Learn more about the program
- Fill out the online form or
- Completed paper registration packets can be 1) dropped off in the secure box in the Enrollment Center lobby from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Parents must submit the paperwork in a sealed white envelope available in the lobby and write Early Kinder on the envelope with the date and time or 2) email the forms as an attachment to John Conway at email@example.com.
What You Need to Enroll
Please be advised that for the safety and security of all children ONLY the parent(s), legal guardian(s) or educational rights holder(s) may enroll a child into our district. The parent/legal guardian/educational rights holder who enrolls the child will be REQUIRED TO PRESENT PHOTO IDENTIFICATION. The following documents are required to complete enrollment for students *NEW to the district.
The following documents are required with this completed registration form to enroll your child in Sacramento City Unified School District.
Address verification – Bring ONE of the
– CURRENT Utility Bill (SMUD, PG&E or WATER) with correct same name and address in the parent/legal guardian or education rights holder’s name (issued within 30 days, NO PAST DUE BILLS will be accepted)
– CURRENT Mortgage Statement (issued within 30 days)
– CURRENT Property Tax Bill
– CURRENT Rental / Lease Agreement with Landlord’s Information (If the lease is older than one year OR is a month to month contract, the current month’s rent receipt is required)
– CURRENT Voter Registration (issued within 30 days)
– CURRENT Government Agency Letter (issued within 30 days)
– CURRENT Employment Pay Stub (issued within 30 days)
Proof of birth – Original COUNTY ISSUED birth
certificate or non-expired passport for each child.
*Returning Students May Be Required to Present Proof of Birth If Not Available in SCUSD’S Database.
Immunization Record – Current for each
child. Name and date of birth must be on the immunization
record. Grades 7th -12th a T-Dap Booster shot is
*Returning Students May Be Required to Present Immunization Record If Not Available in SCUSD’s Database.
- CURRENT withdrawal grades and transcripts (Grades 9th – 12th only)
- Individualized Education Plan (IEP) – Documentation for children receiving Special Education Services (if applicable)
- Guardianship / Custody papers (if applicable)
*If residing with another person (relative, etc.), please complete the Declaration of Residence form and bring a photo ID of the person identified in the utility bill and mortgage/rental lease.*
Find your Neighborhood School
Visit the SCUSD Neighborhood School Locator Application to determine your child’s school of attendance based on school boundaries.