What You Need to Know to Register Your Student

Post Contact The Enrollment Center

Thank you for your interest in enrolling in one of our schools! This page was designed to help you navigate the enrollment process.

How to Register

The Enrollment Center is now offering two ways to register. You can register online or drop-off applications, please make sure you submit all required documents to avoid delay. Please DO NOT provide us with original documents – submit copies only. 

If application was submitted to the Enrollment Center, a technician will contact you in the order it was received.

Register Online

The Enrollment Center will continue to offer 24 hour online registration forms for new, existing and previous students.  You will be required to submit supporting documents (see What You Need to Enroll below) when you fill out the webforms. 

Go to Online Registration Forms

Submit a Paper Copy Registration Packet

Registration packets can be dropped off in our Enrollment Center lobby (5601 47th Avenue – Next to the Serna Center).

We now have our self-service lobby hours extended.  New hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. where you can pick up and drop off hard copy applications. 

Please note we can only allow 5 people at a time to be within the lobby area, if the lobby is at capacity we kindly ask you to wait outside until a space allows.

Please DO NOT provide us with original documents – submit copies only. Due to COVID-19 concerns, we will not be able to make copies for our parents. Please come readily equipped with your own copies.

Registration Packets

Transitional Kindergarten

Visit the Transitional Registration website for enrollment information at http://www.scusd.edu/TK.

K-12 Registration Packets

2022-2023 K-12 Registration Packet

Documentation Families Need to Provide to Enroll

Please be advised that for the safety and security of all children, only the parent(s), legal guardian(s) or educational rights holder(s) may enroll a child into our district. The parent, legal guardian or educational rights holder who enrolls the child will be required to present photo identification

The following documents are required with this completed registration form to enroll your child in Sacramento City Unified School District. 

  1. Photo Identification-State Issued I.D., or other photo identification (Work Badge, Passport, Student I.D., Costco card)
  2. Address Verification-Name on I.D. must match name on bill issued within 30 days. Bring one (1) or other options listed under (Ed. Code 48204.1):

    a. Utility service contract, statement, or payment receipts

    b. Declaration of Residency (DOR)

    c. Property tax payment receipts

    d. Rental property contract, lease with payment receipts

    e. Voter registration

    f. Correspondence from a government agency

    g. Pay stubs

  3. Proof of Birth – Local registrar or county issued birth certificate, duly attested baptism certificate, or a passport. When none of the foregoing is obtainable, the parent/guardian may provide any other appropriate means of proving the age of the child (Ed. Code 48002)
  4. Immunization Record – Current for Each Child (California Health and Safety Code, Sections 120325-120375)
  5. T-Dap Booster shot is required for grades 7th-12th. Both name and date of birth must be on the immunization record.
  6. Current Withdrawal Grades and Transcripts –Required for Grades 9th-12th 
  7. Individualized Education Plan (IEP) - Documentation for Receiving Special Education Services (if applicable)
  8. Guardianship/Custody Documents – (if applicable)

Has Your Address Changed?

Please submit the following documents with your online or drop-off application:

  1. Photo I.D. (types listed above) of parent/legal guardian or education rights holder.
  2. One (1) address verification listed above. NAME ON I.D. MUST MATCH NAME ON ADDRESS VERIFICATION. Must be current within 30 days of issued date.

No Address Verification in Your Name?

IMPORTANT- If you reside with someone and you are the parent/legal guardian or educational rights holder and DO NOT have an address verification in your name, you MUST BRING ALL OF THE FOLLOWING:

  1. Declaration of Residency (DOR) completed & signed by you and the bill holder whose name is on the address verification.
  2. A copy of the Photo I.D. (types listed above) of the bill holder who’s correct same name is on the address verification.
  3. A copy or original of one (1) address verification listed above with the same name on the bill holder’s I.D.

NAME ON I.D. MUST MATCH NAME ON ADDRESS VERIFICATION. Must be current within 30 days of issued date.


If a Student is Homeless

Please contact the Enrollment and Attendance Center or the district’s Homeless Program Coordinator at 916-277-6892 for important enrollment information.

Homeless Student Rights & Responsibilities

Find your Neighborhood School

Visit the SCUSD Neighborhood School Locator Application to determine your child’s school of attendance based on school boundaries.

If you are interested in applying for enrollment to a different school in our district, you can apply through our Open Enrollment (K-8) or High School Specialty Program processes. 

Contact the Enrollment Center

We will do our best with the available staff to reduce this wait time as we do process in the order received. 

Please check your SPAM/JUNK email folders periodically as a majority of our response emails to you end up there.​​ 

If you need to contact us, please email a staff member listed on our contact page

Frequently Asked Questions

Please refer to the Enrollment Center Frequently Asked Questions for more information.