What You Need to Know to Register Your Student
Thank you for your interest in enrolling in one of our schools! This page was designed to help you navigate the enrollment process.
How to Register
The Enrollment Center is now offering two ways to register. You can register online or drop-off applications in our self-service lobby. Please make sure you submit all required documents to avoid delay. Please DO NOT provide us with original documents – submit copies only.
If an application was submitted to the Enrollment Center, a technician will contact you in the order it was received. Processing times are currently 7-10 business days. Please check your SPAM/JUNK email folders periodically as a majority of our response emails to you end up there.
1) Register Online
The Enrollment Center offers 24 hour online registration forms for new, existing and previous students. You will be required to submit supporting documents (see What You Need to Enroll below) when you fill out the webforms.
2) Drop-off a Completed Registration Form
Paper copy registration packets are available to download/pick-up and then drop-off the completed packet in our Enrollment Center lobby (5601 47th Avenue – Next to the Serna Center). Our self-service lobby hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Please note we can only allow 5 people at a time to be within the lobby area, if the lobby is at capacity we kindly ask you to wait outside until a space allows. Due to COVID-19 concerns, we will not be able to make copies for our parents. Please come readily equipped with your own copies.
Download a 2022-2023 School Year Registration Packet
Registering a Student who is Unhoused
The student can be immediately enrolled even if missing required documentation (see Documentation Families Need to Provide to Enroll below). If you do have the documentation, please submit it at the time of enrollment. If you are missing required documentation, the student will be immediately enrolled once you complete and submit both of the following forms:
- K-12 Student Registration Packet
- Housing Survey (English, Spanish, Hmong, Chinese, Farsi, or Vietnamese)
The student will receive a Conditional Enrollment with a deadline to turn in any other needed documents.
High School Transcripts: If missing transcripts, the student can choose to be immediately enrolled in grade appropriate classes or they can choose to delay enrollment pending receipt of their transcripts.
Download the SCUSD Rights for Unhoused Students English, Spanish, Hmong, Vietnamese, Chinese, Farsi
Documentation Families Need to Provide to Enroll
Please be advised that for the safety and security of all children, only the parent(s), legal guardian(s) or educational rights holder(s) may enroll a child into our district. The parent, legal guardian or educational rights holder who enrolls the child will be required to present photo identification.
The following documents are required with this completed registration form to enroll your child in Sacramento City Unified School District.
IMPORTANT: If you are the parent/legal guardian or educational rights holder and DO NOT have address verification in your name, submit one (1) of the following based on your housing situation:
- Photo Identification-State Issued I.D., or other photo identification (Work Badge, Passport, Student I.D., Costco card)
- Address Verification-Name on I.D. must match the name on bill issued within 30 days. Bring one (1) or other options listed under (Ed. Code 48204.1):
a. Utility service contract, statement, or payment receipts
b. Property tax payment receipts
c. Rental property contract, lease with payment receipts
d. Voter registration
e. Correspondence from a government agency
f. Pay stubs
g. No Address Verification in Your Name?
- Primary/permanent residence: If you live in a Primary/Permanent Residence, submit a completed and signed Address Affidavit (English, Spanish, Hmong, Chinese, Farsi, or Vietnamese) by you and with the required Documentation.
- Unhoused/homeless: If you are unhoused/homeless, submit a completed and signed Housing Survey (English, Spanish, Hmong, Chinese, Farsi, or Vietnamese).
- Proof of Birth – Local registrar or county issued birth certificate, duly attested baptism certificate, or a passport. When none of the foregoing is obtainable, the parent/guardian may provide any other appropriate means of proving the age of the child (Ed. Code 48002)
- Immunization Record – Current for Each Child (California Health and Safety Code, Sections 120325-120375)
- T-Dap Booster shot is required for grades 7th-12th. Both name and date of birth must be on the immunization record.
- Current Withdrawal Grades and Transcripts –Required for Grades 9th-12th
- Individualized Education Plan (IEP) - Documentation for Receiving Special Education Services (if applicable)
- Guardianship/Custody Documents – (if applicable)
Has Your Address Changed?
Please submit the following documents with your online or drop-off application:
- Photo I.D. (types listed above) of parent/legal guardian or education rights holder.
- One (1) address verification listed above. NAME ON I.D. MUST MATCH NAME ON ADDRESS VERIFICATION. Must be current within 30 days of the issued date.
Find your Neighborhood School
Visit the SCUSD Neighborhood School Locator Application to determine your child’s school of attendance based on school boundaries.
If you are interested in applying for enrollment to a different school in our district, you can apply through our Open Enrollment (K-8) or High School Specialty Program processes.
Contact the Enrollment Center
If an application was submitted to the Enrollment Center, a technician will contact you in the order it was received. Processing times are currently 7-10 business days.
Please check your SPAM/JUNK email folders periodically as a majority of our response emails to you end up there.
If you need to contact us, please email a staff member listed on our contact page.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please refer to the Enrollment Center Frequently Asked Questions for more information.