What You Need to Know to Register Your Child
Thank you for your interest in enrolling in one of our schools! This page was designed to help you navigate the enrollment process.
Start by downloading a registration packet to get a head start on the enrollment process. Take the completed packet into the SCUSD Enrollment Center with all other required documents (see below).
If you are new to our district, you can also start the process online following the instructions below.
To learn specifically about how to enroll your child into kindergarten for Fall 2019-2020, click here.
5601 47th Avenue (Next to the Serna Center)
Sacramento, CA 95824
Phone: (916) 643-2400
Fax: (916) 433-5403
2019-2020 Registration Packets
Early Kinder Registration Packet
- Learn more about the program
- Early Kinder registration is taken care of at the school. Parents may print and bring the completed application with them to register.
Online Registration is also available for students new to our district. After completing the application online, guardians will just have to bring required documentation to the Enrollment Center to complete the enrollment process.
What to Bring to the Enrollment Center
Please be advised that for the safety and security of all children ONLY the parent(s), legal guardian(s) or educational rights holder(s) may enroll a child into our district. The parent/legal guardian/educational rights holder who enrolls the child will be REQUIRED TO PRESENT PHOTO IDENTIFICATION. The following documents are required to complete enrollment for students *NEW to the district.
Please bring the following documents along with this completed packet to enroll your child at the Enrollment Center:
Address verification – Bring ONE of the
– CURRENT Utility Bill (SMUD, PG&E or WATER) with correct same name and address in the parent/legal guardian or education rights holder’s name (issued within 30 days, NO PAST DUE BILLS will be accepted)
– CURRENT Mortgage Statement (issued within 30 days)
– CURRENT Property Tax Bill
– CURRENT Rental / Lease Agreement with Landlord’s Information (If the lease is older than one year OR is a month to month contract, the current month’s rent receipt is required)
– CURRENT Voter Registration (issued within 30 days)
– CURRENT Government Agency Letter (issued within 30 days)
– CURRENT Employment Pay Stub (issued within 30 days)
Proof of birth – Original COUNTY ISSUED birth
certificate or non-expired passport for each child.
*Returning Students May Be Required to Present Proof of Birth If Not Available in SCUSD’S Database.
Immunization Record – Current for each
child. Name and date of birth must be on the immunization
record. Grades 7th -12th a T-Dap Booster shot is
*Returning Students May Be Required to Present Immunization Record If Not Available in SCUSD’s Database.
- CURRENT withdrawal grades and transcripts (Grades 9th – 12th only)
- Individualized Education Plan (IEP) – Documentation for children receiving Special Education Services (if applicable)
- Guardianship / Custody papers (if applicable)
*If residing with another person (relative, etc.), please complete the Declaration of Residence form and bring a photo ID of the person identified in the utility bill and mortgage/rental lease.*
Find your Neighborhood School
Visit the SCUSD Neighborhood School Locator Application to determine your child’s school of attendance based on school boundaries.