Strategy and Continuous Improvement
The purpose of the SCUSD Strategy and Continuous Improvement (SCI) team is to lead the district’s strategic use of data with a focus on bringing to life the vision of preparing all students with the greatest number of post-secondary choices from the widest array of options.
Our Vision of Success
We will know we are successfully fulfilling our purpose when we see the following occur with regular frequency:
- The use of multiple measure data to allocate – and continue allocating – resources is a culturally expected norm.
- Data are infused through every level and corner of the organization to facilitate dynamic feedback loops.
- Manage the District’s performance management initiatives at multiple organizational levels, including oversight of development of dashboards and scorecards for ongoing performance monitoring and learning. Collaboratively design and implement an integrated performance management system, grounded in student attendance, behavior, and course performance (“ABC’s”) and operationalized using the District’s Performance and Targeted Action Index (PTAI), Illuminate ABC reports, and Early Identification and Intervention System (EIIS).
- Oversee and ensure, with the State and Federal Programs department, the completion and review of federal and state accountability plans, including but not limited to the Local Control and Accountability Plan (LCAP) and School Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA). Oversee alignment of systems used to prepare LCAP and SPSA – Document Tracking Services and SPSA Needs Assessment CCI Tool – are aligned with the California School Dashboard and District priorities.
- Provide strategic innovation, monitoring, and evaluation support for various district initiatives and partnerships, including Guidance and Counseling, Expanded Learning Summer Program (ELSP), Budget One-Stop, Human Resources adhoc projects, College Futures Foundation Data Sharing, Principal Meeting Professional Learning support, Curriculum and Instruction support, State and Federal Programs, Priority and School Improvement Grant (SIG) schools, and LCAP.
- Direct the administration and/or scoring of national, state, district, and voluntary assessments, ensuring requirements associated with test administration, timelines, and reporting are met; direct development and administration of district assessments and related training activities; and coordinate the administration and implementation of district, state, and federal planning and accountability requirements, including all federal and state accountability measures, and goal- and target-setting processes.
Our staff members provide a variety of consultative services to school sites and district departments including but not limited to program evaluation, use of assessment data to improve instruction, and design of surveys. Research, evaluation, and surveys conducted in the district must be reviewed and approved through the Strategy and Continuous Improvement Office. For more information about the process and application, please download the Research Request Packet below.