West Campus High School (WCHS) is a college preparatory school serving academically motivated students who reside in the culturally and economically diverse neighborhoods of Sacramento. The mission of WCHS is to provide a safe and supportive school environment that fosters social and emotional well-being; presents students with a challenging curriculum focused on college and career readiness; and promotes the development of lifelong learners and contributing citizens. West Campus is a school of distinct difference. The convergence and synergy of excellent and gifted students, enthusiastic faculty, and caring and supportive parents have created and sustained a unique community of learners, a place where excellence is expected and attained. There is a marked respect for the educational environment where students are free to interact and collaborate in both social and academic settings throughout their high school experience.
West Campus Student Outcomes
- We expect all students to graduate having completed the A-G requirements necessary to apply to the University of California and California State University systems.
- 2018 West Campus is ranked #331 in the National Rankings and earned a gold medal, and #53 in California High Schools
- 75.8% of West Campus graduates applied and accepted to UC/CSU and other 4-year private schools.
- Students from the class of 2018 are attending UC Davis, UCLA, Johns Hopkins, Duke University, UC Berkeley, UC San Diego, Princeton, University of Pennsylvania, Harvey Mudd, and others.
- Please fill out a Specialty Program Application to enroll into this program (available 11/18/19-12/19/19).
- Attend the test session. Dates to be announced soon.
- Two Teacher Recommendations (one from your current ELA teacher and one from another current teacher). Recommendation requests will be submitted through the online application.
- Transcripts for 7th Grade (all quarters) and 8th Grade (first quarter). This will be automatically sent to the program through the online application.