C.K. McClatchy Humanities and International Studies Program (HISP)
There are no boundaries for HISP students! The Humanities and International Studies Program (HISP), founded in 1985, is a rigorous honors program located at C.K. McClatchy High School. The curriculum, a unique global perspective on learning and understanding, prepares HISP students for success at any college or university in the country. The program is structured in a four-year sequence that includes a literature and composition course and a complementary social science course in each year. Outside the classroom, HISP student learning continues through attendance at a variety of live performances and cultural events, visits to museums, and via world travel. Additionally, HISP students annually provide more than 10,000 hours of service to the community through hospitals, food closets, nursing homes and other worthwhile community-based organizations.
HISP Student Outcomes
College success is where HISP students shine the brightest.
Here are a few examples:
- HISP students have a distinguished record of admission, attendance and graduation from the top private colleges and universities in the country including Stanford, Princeton, Harvard, Yale, MIT, NYU and the Claremont Colleges.
- Many of these same students have gone on to do post-graduate work at Cambridge and Oxford.
- Our students have gained admittance to the U.S. Military Academy at WestPoint and the U.S. Naval Academy.
- HISP is proud to claim five Buck Scholars and one Gates Millennium Scholar, as well as a second place student in the prestigious National Intel Science Competition.
- Please fill out a Specialty Program Application to enroll into this program (available 11/18/19-12/19/19).
- Attend the essay session. Dates to be announced soon.
- Two Teacher Recommendations (one from your current ELA teacher and one from another current teacher). Recommendation requests will be submitted through the online application.
- Transcripts for 7th Grade (all quarters) and 8th Grade (first quarter). This will be automatically sent to the program through the online application.
- Standardized Test Scores This will be automatically sent to the program through the online application.