The District English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC) purpose is to advise district officials on English learner programs and services. Our overall goal is to help English learners attain English proficiency and achieve academic success.
- On-going review of the district master plan and recommend modifications to reflect needs and priorities
- Review program implementation for English learners
- Monitor and ensure the effectiveness of the programs with district personnel
- Review and comment on the development or annual update of the Local Control and Accountability Plan (LCAP)
- Take other actions as required by the Education Code.
How Do I Become a DELAC Member
- Attend the ELAC meetings at your student’s school.
- Ask the principal if you can be a representative of the school at the DELAC meetings.
- Participate in the ELAC and DELAC meetings.