Rosemont Leadership and Enrichment through Academic Development (LEAD)
LEAD, which stands for Leadership and Enrichment through Academic Development, is an Advanced Placement/Honors program that prepares its students to be critical thinkers, analytical readers and writers, effective communicators, and well-rounded citizens. Graduates of Rosemont’s LEAD Program will develop the skills necessary to be successful in their post- secondary pursuits, including the increasingly competitive world of not only college acceptances, but also the global workforce. Those in the program will develop their capacity for analysis, creativity, innovation, and university-level literacy through four years of an Honors and Advanced Placement curriculum and community service projects/presentations. It is our expectation that graduates of the LEAD program will gain acceptance to a university of their choice based on their performance in academically rigorous classes as well as on their involvement in a variety of community service and extracurricular activities, all of which creates a mature, inquisitive, dedicated student and citizen.
LEAD Student Outcomes
- 100% of students who have made a 4-year commitment to LEAD have been accepted to a 4-year college for all three graduating classes of the program (2016, 2017, 2018).
- Every year, LEAD students perform over 4000 combined hours of community service at locations like elementary schools, convalescent facilities, food banks, animal shelters, and after school programs.
- Students in LEAD visit college campuses each year and receive one-on-one help with college applications.
- Please fill out a Specialty Program Application (available 11/26/18-12/20/18) to enroll into this program.
- Attend the essay session on December 11, 2018 at your middle or K-8 school. Go to www.scusd.edu/hsapplication-test for more information and to RSVP.
- Two Teacher Recommendations (one from your current ELA teacher and one from another current teacher). Recommendation requests will be submitted through the online application.
- Transcript. This will be automatically sent to the program through the online application.
- Standardized Test Scores. This will be automatically sent to the program through the online application.