Kit Carson International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme
Kit Carson International Academy (KCIA) is a 7th-12th grade International Baccalaureate (IB) World School. The school curriculum is centered around a strong core academic program, coupled with a rigorous Gifted and Talented Education (GATE) component designed to meet the needs of accelerated learners. KCIA seeks to develop students who express themselves confidently and creatively, who use their knowledge to improve their local and global communities, and who thoughtfully consider the perspectives of other individuals and groups. Innovation, creativity and collaboration are valued at KCIA. Our small school atmosphere allows us to know every student by name. Through collaborative, interdisciplinary instruction, our students endeavor to explore highly engaging, rigorous and meaningful learning experiences that will encourage achievement at the highest level.
The International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme aims to develop active learners and internationally minded young people who can empathize with others and pursue lives of purpose and meaning. The programme empowers students to inquire into a wide range of issues and ideas of significance locally, nationally and globally. The result is young people who are creative, critical and reflective thinkers.
- Please fill out a Specialty Program Application (available 11/26/18-12/20/18) to enroll into this program.
- Attend an Essay Session: December 3-14, 2018 at your middle or K-8 school. Specific dates for all locations to be announced soon.
- Two Teacher Recommendations (one from your current ELA teacher and one from another current teacher). Recommendation requests will be submitted through the online application.
- Transcript. This will be automatically sent to the program through the online application.
- Standardized Test Scores. This will be automatically sent to the program through the online application.