C.K. McClatchy Visual and Performance Arts (VAPA)
A creative path towards your future!
The mission of Visual and Performance Arts (VAPA) is to promote higher academic achievement, develop marketable career skills, encourage continued education, and enhance the quality of life in our community through the Arts. Within VAPA, students will be provided with opportunities to explore careers within the broad fields of art, entertainment, and media; to understand the relationship between academic success and success in the workplace; and to develop the necessary skills to sustain a meaningful career in their chosen field. The experiences and training students receive in VAPA will give them a solid educational foundation and prepare them for continued education and future career opportunities. Our graduates will be creative contributors to society and a positive influence within the community.
VAPA Student Outcomes
- Our first graduating class from VAPA is the class of 2020.
- Senior VAPA students participate in AP classes leading to culminating portfolios and college credits.
- As of 2020 and beyond: two graduating VAPA Seniors will be awarded with the VAPA Scholarship for their achievements in fine arts.
- Please fill out a Specialty Program Application (available 11/26/18-12/20/18) to enroll into this program.
- A portfolio must be submitted to the C.K. McClatchy VAPA program (Visual Arts Portfolio: Photographs of artwork or Performing Arts Portfolio: Video of work). Go to http://ckmvapa.org/ to more information and to find out how to submit your portfolio for consideration.
- Two Teacher Recommendations (one from your current ELA teacher and one from another current teacher). Recommendation requests will be submitted through the online application.
- Transcripts for 7th Grade (all quarters) and 8th Grade (first quarter). This will be automatically sent to the program through the online application.
- Standardized Test Scores This will be automatically sent to the program through the online application.