Homeless Services

Homeless Services Program


The McKinney-Vento- Education for Homeless Children & Youths act provides certain protections for homeless students, including enrollment rights (see Homeless Student Rights below).  The SCUSD Homeless Services Program supports the enrollment, attendance, and achievement of homeless students to ensure they receive equal access to educational opportunities.

Definition of Homeless Students

Students who have lost their housing are defined as homeless if they lack a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence. This includes living in: emergency shelters or transitional housing programs; a public/private place that is not designed for or normally used as a place for sleeping (cars, parks/public places, abandoned/condemned buildings, bus stations, etc); motel/hotel, campground, or travel trailer due to a lack of alternative adequate accommodations; temporarily moved in with others due to a loss of housing or financial problems (eviction, job loss, etc).  Homeless students include unaccompanied youth, runaways, children abandoned in hospitals, and migratory children who live in the conditions described above.

The Homeless Program Coordinator for SCUSD is:

Monica McRho
Parker Family Resource Center & Homeless Services Office
MonicaMc@scusd.edu / Ofc: (916) 277-6892 / Cell: (916) 295-7292
Send message

Homeless Student Rights

English Spanish Hmong Russian Vietnamese

SCUSD Policies: Education for Homeless Children

Board Policy 6173   Administrative Regulation 6173

AB 1806 Summary: Homeless Youth Credit Issuance & Exemption from Graduation Requirements

Parker Family Resource Center & Homeless Services Office

Assistance is provided in the following areas: McKinney-Vento rights and services, school enrollment and attendance support services, records retrieval, school and hygiene supplies, health/immunization assistance and referrals, shelter/housing and community referrals, dispute mediation, and other student and family support services.

Homeless Services Flyer Feb2021   Get Help: Homeless Services Referral

Declaration of Residence Forms

 English Spanish Chinese Hmong Russian Vietnamese

Staff Use Only forms (restricted to staff)

For Staff Use Only forms please click here (must be logged in to Google with your SCUSD credentials to access). These include:  Declaration of Resid-STAFF USE ONLY (for staff to verify the housing/homeless status of a Parent/ERH or Unaccompanied Youth) and AB 1806 Graduation Requirement Exemption-STAFF USE ONLY (for staff to issue AB 1806 Exemption to eligible high school students).


Basic Needs, Family/Child Support Services

Resources-Sac County & SCUSD Oct2019

Francis House Street Sheet Feb2020

Covid-19: Unhoused Families    Covid-19: Housed Families

211 Sacramento:  https://www.211sacramento.org/211/

Covid Information:  https://www.saccounty.net/COVID-19/Pages/default.aspx

California Dpt. of Social Services (CDSS):  https://www.cdss.ca.gov/

Family Urgent Response System-FURS (CDSS):  https://www.cdss.ca.gov/inforesources/cdss-programs/foster-care/furs

Immunizations:  https://dhs.saccounty.net/PUB/Pages/Immunization-Assistance-Program/Immunization-Assistance-Program-(IAP).aspx

Sacramento Co Dpt. of Human Assistance (DHA):  https://ha.saccounty.net/benefits/Pages/default.aspx

The Source:  https://thesourcesacramento.com/

VETERAN’S- Volunteers of America:  https://www.voa-ncnn.org/veterans

YOUTH (basic needs/shelter)- Wind Youth Services:  https://www.windyouth.org/

Housing / Shelter

CA Dpt. of Social Services (CDSS):  https://www.cdss.ca.gov/inforesources/cdss-programs/housing-programs

Sacramento Wait List (SHRA):  https://sacwaitlist.com/dashboard

Housing & Urban Development (HUD):  https://www.hud.gov/states/california/renting

Sacramento Self-Help Housing:  https://www.sacselfhelp.org/

Legal Aid

Sacramento Mediation Center:  https://www.calawyersforthearts.org/sacramento-mediation-center.html

Legal Services of No. CA:  https://lsnc.net/