Foster Youth Services
Foster Youth Services (FYS) – a group of school professionals with expertise in the both educational and social service systems – joined the SSHS family in 2018. The FYS program is designed to serve the unique educational, social and emotional needs of children in foster care by building assets that make them resilient and ultimately successful. FYS began operating in 1973 in SCUSD. Our program has successfully served thousands of foster youth, markedly improving their school performance and increasing their chances for success later in life.
All foster youth residing in the SCUSD attendance area will have the ability to access a broad range of social and academic support services.
Services include, but are not limited to:
- Counseling and Case Management
- Career and College Readiness
- School-based support services
- Transition and Emancipation Services
- Enrollment and Placement Support Services
- Independent Living Skills Development