Retired Certificated Employees Health Benefit Information
Open Enrollment for Retired Certificated Employees is currently closed. It will reopen in the Spring of 2018 for 2018-19 plans. Qualified employees will receive a notification letter via USPS.
Dental and Vision changes will be in the fall of 2018.
AARP/United Health rates change will be in January of 2019.
Open Enrollment Process
During Retiree Open Enrollment you’ll are able to:
- Enroll in a different medical plan
- Add or remove dependents from your medical plan
- Choose the OPT Out option
- Update or change your life insurance beneficiary
- If you are adding a dependent, you will be required to provide proof of eligibility i.e., marriage/domestic partner certificate, birth certificate and social security number for all dependents being added.
- If you have recently received your Medicare card, please provide a copy to SCUSD benefits department and enroll in a Medicare supplement plan.
If you have any questions or would like further assistance, please feel free to contact the Benefits Department at (916) 643-9432 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2018-19 Health Plan Rate Sheets
Effective 7/1/18- 6/30/19
Effective July 1, 2018, SCTA retirees may elect to participate in the Retiree Opt-Out option, which allows retirees to purchase other insurance coverage of their choice. Examples of other insurance coverage include dental, vision, life, long-term disability, long-term care, cancer insurances and Medicare insurance costs per retiree’s choice. In addition, the Opt-Out option will allow medical health reimbursement. A retiree utilizing the Opt-Out option must show proof of other health insurance coverage in order to receive an Opt-Out Reimbursement.
Have a question regarding reimbursements? Contact Basic Pacific at (916) 303-7083 or at www.basicpacific.com