Register for Transitional Kindergarten
for the 2024-2025 School Year


To be eligible to register for transitional kindergarten for Fall 2024, children must be five years old September 2, 2024, through June 2, 2025. 

If your child was born after June 2, 2025, you can fill out the SCUSD Transitional Kindergarten Under-Age Waiver Form to be contacted on or after August 29, 2024, if space is available for your student in one of our Transitional Kindergarten classrooms.

Enrollment Information

The next opportunity to apply for Transitional Kindergarten will be August 5, 2024. Please contact the Early Learning and Care Dept. for more information at (916) 643-7817.

School Choice

Enter your address into School Finder to find your neighborhood school and/or the closest TK program. 

Visit a School

Attend visitation events or call schools directly to schedule a tour of the location(s) your family is interested in.   

Schools with Additional Requirements

A.M. Winn, Alice Birney and Leonardo da Vinci schools require an adult representative (parent/guardian) to attend a school visitation and complete a student interest form in order to qualify. Please contact the schools directly for more information.

Immunization Requirements

California schools are required to check immunization records for all new student admissions at TK/Kindergarten through 12th grade. Parent/guardians must show their child’s Immunization Record as proof of immunization. Families will be required to upload their student’s Immunization Record as part of the registration process. 

Parents’ Guide to Immunizations | Spanish

SCUSD is also offering free Immunization Clinics to eligible students. See Immunization Clinic schedule. 

Before and After School Care

Families who are interested in having their TK student in Sac City Unified’s Expanded Learning (before and after school) program can register at starting on March 15, 2024. 

The program is free of charge and TK students are guaranteed a spot in the program. You can reach out to Youth Development Support Services at (916) 643-7919 if you have any questions.


The Early Learning and Care Dept. can answer general questions about the TK program and questions about summer registration at (916) 643-7817. 

The Enrollment Center can answer questions about TK enrollment through the Open Enrollment or District Permit applications at (916) 643-2400.