Universal Precautions eTraining Slide 15
WEAR disposable single-use gloves whenever you:
- Anticipate contact with blood or other body fluids
- Touch any body fluids, particularly blood
- Examine the mouth or assist with dental care
- Come in physical contact with anyone who has open cuts, lesions, etc.
- Handle emergencies and regular care
Gloves should be standard components of first-aid supplies and readily accessible for all.
When should gloves be changed?
- OSHA recommends replacement of disposable gloves as soon as practical after they have become contaminated, or as soon as feasible if they are torn, punctured, or their ability to function as a barrier is compromised.
- Hands must be washed after the removal of gloves.