Students, staff and household members must register for testing using the link below:
Summer Testing Hours
COVID testing will be available for students and staff at SCUSD summer programs during program hours and at the following regional testing centers.
SCUSD Regional Testing Centers
5735 47th Ave, Sacramento, CA 95824
- Monday – Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
2401 Florin Rd, Sacramento, CA 95822
- Monday – Friday: 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Albert Einstein MS Center will be closed for the summer.
Sacramento County also offers free COVID-19 testing. See their website for a list of locations.
Report At-Home COVID-19 Tests through Primary Health
SCUSD will now accept any At-Home COVID Test result if the test results are submitted with a picture to Primary Health.
This option is especially helpful when an individual is testing for an end to isolation, quarantine, or was experiencing symptoms.
Employees Only: Per Cal/OSHA ETS to meet the return to work criteria for isolation or quarantine (including experiencing symptoms) set forth in subsection (c)(10), a COVID-19 test may be both self-administered and self-read only if another means of independent verification of the results can be provided (e.g., a time-stamped photograph of the results). To remain in compliance, At-Home COVID Tests must be reported through Primary Health.
Employees needing a COVID-19 test to meet the Vaccine Verification for Workers in Schools Public Health Order (8/11/2021) employee testing requirement must have the test supervised and resulted by designated SCUSD staff with verifiable results via email or text.
At-Home Test Reporting Directions
- Go to https://primary.health/
- Click “Registered already with Primary? Click here to find your link to enter your COVID-19 test results.”
- Enter your phone number or email you used when you registered for testing. A code will be sent to you with a link to the page where you enter your At-Home COVID Test results.
VIDEO: How to Report Your
At-Home COVID-19 Test Results
Testing at home or outside SCUSD’s testing options? We’ll show you how to easily report your test result to the district using Primary Health.
If not yet registered for COVID Testing, you will need to register here first: https://my.primary.health/l/scusd-edu
Starting on February 28, 2022* – students not yet fully vaccinated will be tested on a regular and routine basis. This includes the following:
- students ages 5-11 not yet fully vaccinated
- students ages 12+ with an exemption or not yet fully vaccinated.
Students in these categories must consent to testing, or provide testing results from an external testing provider on a regular and routine basis.
Individuals who are fully vaccinated will still be able to participate in testing if they want to. Some activities require individuals to participate in weekly testing, regardless of vaccination status (i.e. band, athletics, etc).
*The January 31, 2022 deadline was extended to February 28, 2022.
COVID-19 Testing Information
SCUSD is utilizing two types of COVID tests. Both tests are self-administered nasal swabs, which means individuals use a long soft cotton swab to gently circulate in each nostril. These tests are simple enough for children to do themselves with a person instructing and observing.
- PCR Tests are processed in a lab and provide results within 24-48 hours.
- Rapid antigen tests/BinaxNOW results are processed on site and provide results within 15-30 minutes.
Both tests are self-administered nasal swabs, which means individuals use a long soft cotton swab to gently circulate in each nostril. These tests are simple enough for children to do themselves with a person instructing and observing.
District testing is provided with the support of the California Department of Public Health (CDPH). CDPH provides test kits, test registration software, test processing, and technical assistance supporting this effort. PCR test samples are processed at the Valencia Branch Laboratory, a CLIA certified lab.
Instructions for Registering for PCR or Rapid Antigen Testing
Staff, students and household members can register for PCR or Rapid Antigen testing using the link below. You only need to register one time per year. When you arrive at the test site, staff will confirm registration on the Primary application.
Parent & Minor Consent
- Consent for routine COVID-19 testing is provided when you register your student for testing.
- Parent/guardian consent is required for students under 13 years old.
- Students 13 years and older may register themselves and
provide consent for testing.
- Cal. Fam. Code § 6920 et seq and Cal. Fam. Code § 6920(a) (“A minor who is 12 years of age or older and who may have come into contact with an infectious, contagious, or communicable disease may consent to medical care related to the diagnosis or treatment of the disease, if the disease or condition is one that is required by law or regulation adopted pursuant to law to be reported to the local health officer, or is a related sexually transmitted disease, as may be determined by the State Public Health Officer.”).
- CDPH Valencia Branch Laboratory PLAYBOOK to Stand Up School-Based Collection Sites at page 20 (“: Children who are 13 and older can provide consent and administer the tests themselves.”).
Why We Test
- The results of this test can help keep your school community healthy and safe.
- The results of this test can help limit the spread of COVID-19 to your family and your community.
If you need help accessing your test results please contact Primary Support at 650-275-5419.
Please reach out the Health Aide at your site with any other questions or to Health Services at (916) 643-9412.