Immunizations Required for School Entry
As sites prepare for the upcoming school year, we wanted to provide you with immunization resources. Please share this with anyone at your site that will be enrolling students and/or reviewing immunization records:
Health Services sends a series of communications in July and August to the guardians of incoming eK, Kinder, and 7th grade students via Messenger in Infinite Campus. School sites are required to follow up with their remaining Non-Compliant students (report instructions here) using this August Letter template.
Here are some additional resources to aid in implementing the immunization requirements for your students before school begins:
- Immunizations Required for School Entry – This is your quick reference sheet outlining which immunizations are required for school entry.
- Parent’s Guide to Immunizations Required for School Entry (in all available languages) – An easy to read listing of required immunizations for parents.
- PBE FAQ’s – Frequently Asked Questions for Personal Beliefs Exemptions which are no longer issued in California and do not carry forward when students transition from 6th grade to 7th grade.
- 22-23 IZ Clinic Flier – We are able to provide free immunization to eligible students when our clinic opens for the year on 8/22. Eligibility requirements and the schedule are listed on this link.
- https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/Immunization/School/shotsforschool.aspx – This website is a wealth of information, hosted by CDPH’s Immunization Branch
- https://cair.cdph.ca.gov/exemptions/home – All medical exemptions issued for admission must come from this website (effective 1/1/21)
A fuller collection of Immunization resources from Health Services can be found here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Mfse6K76NDQ6dovxnfhtbtzPTnvcnyqu?usp=sharing
A 30 minute training video specific to kindergarten enrollment can be accessed here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_cGKuak62G1-r3mV1Jlxcd-xj0A9YSxat_c-sFsXTNI/edit?usp=sharing