403b and 457 Plan Annuity Information
The District's Third Party Administrator Is SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union
Administrative Procedures for Plan Participants
All participant transaction requests and Salary Reduction Agreements (SRA) must be submitted to SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union for validation prior to being processed by your payroll department or your Investment Provider. This includes all distributions, rollovers, transfers/exchanges, loans, hardships, or Salary Reduction Agreements.
Contact your Investment Provider for all transaction forms such as distribution requests, loan requests, hardship distributions, transfers, and exchanges. After completing the transaction request form, submit the paperwork to SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union for compliance review and authorization.
School Site Approved 403b and 457 Plan Providers
Only the contracted third Party Administrator (TPA) SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union, Valic, and CalPERS will be permitted access to our campuses with district and site administrators approved appointments for IRS Compliance Educational purposes only. Individual Tax Sheltered Annuity representatives may leave information in the front district/school offices for interested staff to make contact for appointments on personal time. There is no selling permitted on district property.
Enroll in the 403(b), ROTH403(b) or 457 Plan
Go to: www.403bcompare.com to view approved vendors.
- A complete list of the Investment Providers on your plan with contact information
- Videos and FAQs with general information about 403(b) plans
- Retirement Calculator
- Forms for your plan including Plan Highlights and Salary Reduction Agreement
- Choose an Investment Provider from the approved list for your plan
- Contact the Investment Provider directly to establish your 403(b) account.
Once you have established your 403(b), Roth403(b) or 457 accounts with your chosen Investment Provider go to https://pa.schoolsfirstfcu.org to enroll in the plan by submitting a Salary Reduction Agreement online.
- Click on Participants
- 403(b)/457 TPA Services from the right menu
- Click on Participant Website Instructions to view step-by-step instructions for online enrollment
- Click Here to Access the 403(b)/457 Participant Website
- Follow the instructions to enroll online and receive instant confirmation
- If you prefer to complete and sign a paper Salary Reduction Agreement, fax it to (714) 258-4262.
Contact Darren Wagerman, CalPERS 457 Account Manager at (888) 713-8244 ext. 5 or via email at Darren.Wagerman@voya.com with any questions.
Visit calpers457.timetap.com to schedule a personal review on a date and time of your choice. You’ll then receive an appointment confirmation email and a reminder email one hour before your scheduled appointment. Appointments can be held online or by phone, so it couldn’t be easier to spend some time now to prepare for your tomorrow.
For more information about the CalPERS 457 Plan, visit calpers457.com or call (888) 713-8244 with any questions.
SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union Customer Service Representative Yamile Glenn is availabe for any questions at 916.462.0380 or you can contact SchoolsFirst at 800.462.8328 x4727 for all other customer service questions.
Monday – Friday 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. Pacific
Saturday 9:00 a.m to 3:00 p.m Pacific
How much can I contribute each year?
The IRS determines the maximum contribution amounts each year. Contact your financial advisor for advice or go to the IRS website for more information.