New to SCUSD GATE Transfer & Screening
Out of District/State GATE ID
Students who were identified as eligible for GATE services in another district or state may be eligible for GATE services in Sacramento City USD. Please contact the GATE Department to learn more about this process.
If you have questions about having your child screened for GATE services, please contact the GATE Department at 916-643-9427.
Next Steps for Parents:
All parents of children residing within SCUSD boundaries, regardless of whether or not they currently attend SCUSD schools, may refer their child for GATE Services Screening.
If you currently live outside of SCUSD boundaries and are interested in GATE Screening for enrollment in GATE services, please contact The SCUSD GATE Department at 916-643-9427
- Print out the Screening Referral Form
- Complete and sign the form.
- Collect any relevant outside data and documentation (academic test results, GATE identification documentation from other states/districts, etc).
- Submit the Referral Form and any additional documentation to the GATE Department.
- The GATE Office will contact parents/guardians to confirm referral screening on one of the dates listed below.
Referral Screening Sessions
4 screening sessions are scheduled during each school year, contact the GATE Office to register your child for the next available session:
- August — New to SCUSD ONLY
- October – New to SCUSD or students in Grades 5 & 6
- January — New to SCUSD or students in Grades 2 & 4-6
- April – New to SCUSD or students in Grades 5 & 6
Outside Agency GATE Screening
The SCUSD Gifted Education Department does not accept privately obtained GATE screening assessment results. This includes screening administered by private practice psychologists or university testing centers. SCUSD offers a robust internal screening program for students who reside within our district boundaries.
Please contact the GATE Department to learn how your child will be assessed to determine Gifted Education Services needs.