Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How do I create a MyPortal account?
- Visit myportal.scusd.edu and click “Create New User?”
- Enter the information requested. Note that your information must be entered exactly as it appears in District records. Contact Human Resources at 916-643-9050 with any questions about your employee record.
- Look for a confirmation code in your email In Box and type it into the verification screen within the allotted time.
- After you have signed up, access MyPortal at https://myportal.scusd.edu 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to get HR, Benefits and Payroll information at your convenience.
Click here for a downloadable version of account setup instructions.
Q. Am I required to use MyPortal?
Use of this resource is not mandatory – it is being offered as a convenient alternative to traditional face-to-face or paper-based options that will continue to be available to employees.
Q. What does MyPortal do?
- See your current earned leave balances
- Check past and future pay dates
- Download payroll snapshots, W2 forms and other documents
- View Health and Welfare benefits, and
- Update personal contact information
Q. Will I no longer receive a paycheck in the mail?
Use of MyPortal does not automatically impact existing preferences for delivery of district-generate paychecks.
Q. I’ve submitted changes to my record via MyPortal. When will they become active?
Changes submitted via MyPortal are reviewed by internal staff to confirm accuracy and formatting. Please be aware that any changes submitted online may require up to 3 business days before being reflected in your employee record.
Q. Is MyPortal secure?
Information in MyPortal is secured via industry-standard technologies such as those used by international financial institutions, including SHA-2 SSL encryption and multi-factor authentication. In addition, your MyPortal login credentials are separate from your district-provided credentials and can’t be accessed by anyone else.