Care and Placement of EpiPens
Severe Allergies/Anaphylaxis eTraining Slide 7
- Which ones do we have in this school? Elementary schools will have two EpiPen Jrs and two EpiPens. Middle and High Schools will have four EpiPens.
- Where are they kept? They will be kept locked and have a prominent sign at their placement.
- Who has the key? All trained volunteers will know how to access key quickly in case of emergency.
- They are to be stored at room temperature – never refrigerated.
- When one is used or expired, contact your School Nurse or Health Services within 24 hours and it will be replaced within 2 weeks. Health Services also has record of expiration date.