Civic Permit Requests


Find an Available Facility 

Visit SCUSD’s Facilitron Civic Permits website to search for available facilities. All civic permit requests are submitted and processed through Facilitron. Please do not visit the school sites to obtain an application.

How to Apply for a Civic Permit

Step 1: Sign Up for an Facilitron Account

Visit the SCUSD’s Facilitron Civic Permits website and create an account. You will have to verify your account with an email address in order to apply for a permit. 

Step 2: Apply online

After you have selected a SCUSD facility with availability on the specific dates and times of your event(s), add them to your cart. 

Follow the instructions through checkout to add certificate of insurance, other documentation and payment for your rental. 

Civic Permit requests must be completed online at least 15 working days prior to the requested date.

Certificate of Insurance 

All groups and individuals using our facilities must provide Certificates of Insurance evidencing $1 million of public liability and $1 million property damage coverage. All Certificates of Insurance must name Sacramento City Unified School District as certificate holder. See insurance requirements and samples here.

Additional Documentation

All non-profit groups must provide a copy of IRS Form 501(c)3 (Certificate of Exempt Status) and copies of the groups constitution and by-laws.


Payment in full must be received prior to any facility use. Facility use fee schedules can be found here

Step 3: Receive Approval

All Civic Permit requests must be approved by Sacramento City Unified School District. All payment and insurance requirements must be satisfied before the user is granted authorization to use facilities. It is recommended that users review the terms and conditions for facility use and be able to provide the use permit (available from your reservation) at the time of your event.

Civic Permit Priorities

Priorities for facility use are given to the following groups in the following order:

  • School / District / PTA, PTO, PTSO Use
  • Specific Joint-Use Agreements
  • Non-Profit Youth Organizations (with Residency Requirements), Senior Citizen and Homeowner Associations
  • Non-Profit Organizations serving the General Public (without Residency Requirements) including Religious Services
  • Private and Commercial Organizations


Cancellation must be made through Facilitron with at least a one-week notice to avoid fees.


Please contact the District Facilities Permit Office at (916) 643-7435 or at with any questions about Civic Permits.