High School Specialty Program Application
The High School Specialty Program Application is an opportunity for each student who resides permanently within the boundaries of the Sacramento City Unified School District (SCUSD) to apply for enrollment in a SCUSD high school specialty program, based on space availability for the 2018-2019 school year. SCUSD offers specialty programs at both our neighborhood and small specialized high schools. Once an application is successfully submitted, it will be considered. Some specialty programs have specific requirements to complete the application process. Carefully look over the program requirements for each program before applying.
Students will be able to apply to a first and second choice program through the application. When eligibility requirements are met, applications will either be accepted or moved on to a lottery system (previously called Open Enrollment). A lottery will be implemented when eligible applications exceed the grade capacity at the requested specialty program.
Computer kiosks will be available for those who do not have access to a computer or internet at the Enrollment Center during normal business hours.
Translation Assistance Walk-in Dates
Walk-in dates are for students and parents who need assistance with translations. Translators will be available in Chinese, Hmong, Russian, Spanish, and Vietnamese.
Walk-in Dates will take place at the SCUSD Enrollment Center (5601 47th Avenue, Sacramento, CA 95824).
- Wednesday, January 10, 2018 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Thursday, January 11, 2018 from 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Friday, January 12, 2018 from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Students who live within SCUSD boundaries but do not go to a SCUSD school
- Pre-register at the Enrollment Center by Friday, January 19, 2018 to be considered an in-district applicant.
- Submit a hard copy application (available 12/4) to the Enrollment Center by Friday, January 26, 2018 at 11:00am
Pre-registration allows applicants to participate in a specialty program lottery when eligible applications exceed the grade capacity at the requested specialty program.
Students who live outside of SCUSD boundaries
- Submit a hard copy application (available 12/4) to the Enrollment Center by Friday, January 26, 2018 at 11:00am.
Out-of-district applicants who meet the program requirements will be accepted or go on the waiting list after qualified in-district applicants per California Education Code.
Students currently on an Inter-District Permit
- Submit an online application.
- Renew your inter-district transfer permit with your school district and submit it to the Enrollment Center by January 26, 2018.
Students currently on an inter-district permit will be considered an out-of-district applicant. Out-of-district applicants who meet the program requirements will be accepted or go on the waiting list after qualified in-district applicants per California Education Code.