C.K. McClatchy Humanities and International Studies Program (HISP)
Humanities and International Studies Program (HISP) at C.K. McClatchy High School was founded in 1985. It is a rigorous honors program designed to give students a global perspective on learning and prepare them for success at any college or university in the country and around the world. Over the course of four years, students are immersed in college-level literary works and ideas. HISP students are not merely taught information—they are taught to think. The skills of critical thinking coupled with effective and concise writing prepare HISP students well for the rigors of college course work. Added enrichment activities such as field trips and guest speakers truly distinguish HISP as a first-class high school academic program. Whether it is a trip to San Francisco to watch a performance of a Shakespearean classic or a visit to the Delta town of Locke to examine the historic plight of immigrants in our country, HISP strives to link the relevance of literature, history, and culture to the lives of HISP students today.
- Specialty Program Application (Available 12/4/17 - 1/26/18)
- Attend an Essay Session: 1/20/18 at 8:00am or 1/24/18 at 3:00pm
- Two Teacher Recommendations (one from your current ELA teacher and one from another current teacher). Recommendation requests will be submitted through the online application.
- Transcripts for 7th Grade (all quarters) and 8th Grade (first quarter). This will be automatically sent to the program through the online application.
- Standardized Test Scores This will be automatically sent to the program through the online application.