Retired Certificated Employees Health Benefit Information
Open Enrollment for Retired Certificated Employees is currently closed. It will reopen in the Spring of 2018 for 2018-19 plans. Qualified employees will receive a notification letter via USPS.
Dental and Vision changes will be in the fall of 2017.
AARP/United Health rates change will be in January of 2018.
Open Enrollment Process
During Retiree Open Enrollment you’ll are able to:
- Enroll in a different medical plan
- Add or remove dependents from your medical plan
- Choose the OPT Out option
- Update or change your life insurance beneficiary
- If you are adding a dependent, you will be required to provide proof of eligibility i.e., marriage/domestic partner certificate, birth certificate and social security number for all dependents being added.
- If you have recently received your Medicare card, please provide a copy to SCUSD benefits department and enroll in a Medicare supplement plan.
If you have any questions or would like further assistance, please feel free to contact the Benefits Department at (916) 643-9432 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2017-18 Health Plan Rate Sheets
Effective 7/1/17- 6/30/18
Effective July 1, 2017, SCTA retirees may elect to participate in the Retiree Opt-Out option, which allows retirees to purchase other insurance coverage of their choice. Examples of other insurance coverage include dental, vision, life, long term disability, long term care, cancer insurances and Medicare insurance costs per retiree’s choice. In addition, the Opt-Out option will allow medical health reimbursement. A retiree utilizing the Opt-Out option must show proof of other health insurance coverage in order to receive an Opt-Out Reimbursement.
Have a question regarding reimbursements? Contact Basic Pacific at (916) 303-7083 or at www.basicpacific.com