Making a commitment to provide every student with access to opportunities for success.
Sacramento City Unified School District is guided by the mission to provide every student at every school with the tools they need to be successful. To be effective in this mission, we must focus on proven strategies that directly impact our students’ ability to access high quality instruction and receive the appropriate supports to help them become college and career ready. Further, we must identify and then address obstacles that limit or prevent students from accessing a high quality education.
In the 2015-16 school year, the district solicited extensive community and stakeholder engagement to develop the Strategic Plan. Our Strategic Plan will function like a blueprint: It will outline a vision for SCUSD schools in the future, and provide the steps necessary to attain the vision. The Strategic Plan will guide the district’s Local Control and Accountability Plan (LCAP), which will incorporate the goals of the Strategic Plan, and pair actions with resources.
Students graduate as globally competitive lifelong learners, prepared to succeed in a career and higher education institution of their choice to secure gainful employment and contribute to society.
Every student is a responsible, productive citizen in a diverse and competitive world.
SCUSD Core Values
- Equity: Commitment to reducing the academic achievement gap by ensuring that all students have equal access to the opportunities, supports and the tools they need to be successful.
- Achievement: Students will be provided with a relevant, rigorous and wellrounded curriculum, with the expectation that all will be well prepared for a career and post-secondary education.
- Integrity: Communication and interaction among and between students, parents, staff, labor and community partners is defined by mutual respect, trust and support.
- Accountability: Commitment to transparency and ongoing review of data will create a culture focused on results and continuous improvement in a fiscally sustainable manner.
- College, Career and Life Ready Graduates Safe
- Emotionally Healthy and Engaged Students
- Family and Community Empowerment
- Operational Excellence