3rd Grade CogAT Testing Supports
Universal GATE screening for all 3rd grade students
- Testing Window opens Monday, January 11, closing Friday, January 29
- All 3rd grade students (including those already identified for GATE) will take the CogAT.
- Extra time is not to be given.
- Make-Ups are encouraged to be handled at the school site.
- Test sessions (in Data Manager) must be created in advance of administering the assessment.
- Your username is your SCUSD e-mail address
- The test must be administered in the following order:
- Getting Started (optional)
- Verbal batteries
- Quantitative batteries
- Non-Verbal batteries
- DO NOT ADMINISTER THE ENTIRE TEST IN ONE DAY or ONE SESSION! The test should be given in either 2 or 3 sessions.
- You must use the “Testing Computers” used at your site for CAASPP testing.
- To exit the system, once students are done testing, be sure to select “End testing all.” Then, you must restart the computer to exit the secure browser.
- NEW STUDENTS — Students enrolled at your school site after January 8th, must be manually added by Kari in advance of testing. E-mail Karifirstname.lastname@example.org with the student’s complete name, and the school site.
- Check that SCUSD-CART is the wifi Network being used.
- Default browser should be set to Safari (on Mac)
- On PC’s the default browser should be set to Firefox
- DO NOT USE Chrome as the default browser
- The test proctor should use a wired desktop.
During the Test:
- The test administrator should have the students take their hands off the computers when they’re approving all students for the test.
- The students transition to the “Intro” screen and keep their hands off until the “Next” button turns blue.
- Students end the test and return to the draw screen – The test administrator has them remove their hands from the computers before continuing to the next subsection.
- Again, the students keep their hands off while it goes through the next “Intro” screen, until the “Next” button goes blue
- To exit the secure browser on a Mac press: SHIFT + CONTROL + q
Steps to look up student test progress (see who needs to finish)
Watch the webinar of the Proctor Orientation Session
Practice Activities for Level 9