The Dell’Orto Simmons Scholarship-2020
This scholarship is available for C.K. McClatchy High School students only.
($2,500 per year for two years)
Application Period: February 12, 2020 – April 10, 2020
The Dell’Orto Simmons Scholarship was established in 2014 as a memorial to William “Bill” Simmons a former student at McClatchy High School. Mr. Simmons and his wife Mildred Dell’Orto left part of their estate in trust to provide scholarships for students from McClatchy High School. The trust helps to support two students with a $5,000 scholarship ($2,500 each year for two years) who plan to further their education.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE:
The Dell’Orto Simmons Scholarship is open to seniors at McClatchy High School. The trustees would like to award two scholarships to deserving students who plan on attending full-time a 2- or 4-year college, or a vocational school.
Applicants should exhibit:
- Financial need for enrolling in an institution of higher learning
- Average academic record (no minimum GPA required)
NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS:
Scholarship winners will be announced at the selected student’s High School Awards Assembly, unless otherwise indicated.
Any student who meets the stated qualifications must complete an online application. The completed application must be accompanied by the following documents:
1. Two Letters of Recommendation (MUST INCLUDE):
- One from a teacher or administrator at the student’s high school; and
- One from outside the school (i.e. employer, pastor, youth leader, or community leader)
2. Student Essay (MUST BE TYPED and 750 words or less):
- Describe your educational and vocational goals (short-term and long-term)
- How you plan to use the scholarship funds
- An unofficial transcript of student’s high school record, including the first semester grades of your senior year
4. College Enrollment:
- Verification of acceptance to a 2- or 4-year college, or a vocational school