The “Beta” version of the 2019-20 School Plan for Student
Achievement (SPSA) is available in Document Tracking Systems
(DTS). We are testing to ensure quality control with DTS now.
Principals may begin to review the components if interested. A
separate Principals Bulletin will provide guidance/instructions
for completing each section.
CSI/ATSI: The attached table shows which schools will need to address Comprehensive Support and Improvement (CSI) or Additional Targeted Support and Improvement (ATSI) prompts. Your plan must reflect a comprehensive Needs Assessment tied to the Dashboard indicators, evidence-based interventions, and a plan for monitoring the effectiveness of the planned actions. We have linked two customizable slide decks that may help you explain the Dashboard to your Site Council.
We will continue to offer office hours to support principals with the SPSA. These sessions will offer principals:
- Overall review of the revised SPSA template
- Assistance with understanding the sections of the new SPSA template
- Appropriate use of Title I and LCFF funds
- Information about requirements for CSI/ATSI and schoolwide programs
- Timelines for School Site Council; School Site Council composition, etc.
- Thought partnership with Serna staff and fellow principals in attendance
Support: We have scheduled additional dates for office hours at
Serna based on our availability but if none of these times work
for you, please reach out with a suggestion for a different
date/time. We will be responsive to your schedules. We can also
consider regional gatherings with groups of principals. Contact
us on either one.
All sessions below are in the California Room.
March 13, 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. (after principals meeting)
March 15, 2 – 4 p.m.
March 18, 2 – 4 p.m.
March 19, 9 – 11 a.m.
March 20, 9 – 11 a.m.
March 22, 2 – 4 p.m.