Revisions to Return to Health & SCPH COVID-19 Symptom & Quarantine Decision Forest for K-12 Schools
Health Services hosts “Office Hours” every Wednesday from
Meeting ID: 260 880 1496
This is a time for site leaders to learn and inquire about any of the following:
- Health Aides
- COVID Testing (current status and moving into mandate)
- Contact Tracing (review resources & process map)
- Vaccine availability (clinic @ Serna today from 5-7pm)
- Return to Health questions
Updates to the Return to Health Plan:
- Guidance for dealing with cold weather and/or poor air quality and ventilation
- Guidance for cold/rainy weather and mealtime
- Indoor requirements for band/music
- Updates to SCPH Decision Forest (Appendix F)
- Staff and students who are vaccinated can return to work/school even if a household exposure. Vaccination once again exempts individuals from quarantine regardless of exposure details.
- Household exposures of unvaccinated staff or students now has a longer quarantine of 14 days and requires a PCR test on or after day 10 to return. If the individual does not want to test the quarantine is longer, at minimum 21 days.
- Staff and students on home quarantine can return early if they test on or after day 5 can return on day 8 instead of day 11. They need to show that test to the office, the health aide or the contact tracer.
- If an exposed person/close contact develops symptoms they must get a PCR test to return or stay home another 10 days from symptom onset.
- If a person who has had COVID-19 within 90 days gets symptoms they should get antigen test (not PCR). The old guidelines said do not test.
- Modified Quarantine for exposed students that stay in school must test twice instead of twice weekly. Once as soon as possible and once on or after day 5.