Red Ribbon Week Oct. 25 – Oct. 29 2021
October is the month that we celebrate Red Ribbon Week. This year’s Red Ribbon Week theme is Drug Free Looks Like Me!
In recognition of the nationally celebrated event, that takes place from October 25-October 31, 2021, SCUSD will be providing your sites with Red Ribbon Week supplies such as wristbands and posters to help with spreading awareness. You will also receive a resource tool that you can use to engage your students and families in tobacco and vaping prevention. All activities provided in the resource guide are suggestions that can be used alone or alongside other prevention material that your school site may already be implementing in recognition of Red Ribbon Week.
- History of and origin of the man behind Red Ribbon Week, Special Agent Kiki Camerena
- Suggested Spirit Days, with the week culminating in “Sea” Yourself Drug Free
- The “See Your Future Without Drugs” Virtual Door Decorating Contest (ES)
- Prompts for students to focus on their mental health and well-being (MS/HS)
- Referral form and information to contact the TUPE team for any resources and support services for identified youth and families