October 10, 2022 Health Services Updates
Updates to Staff Isolation
Cal OSHA employee isolation guidance now aligns and links to CDPH Isolation Guidance, therefore staff may return from isolation once they have a negative test after Day 5, and may test repeatedly (same as students). This shift allows our staff a safe and quicker return. The Return to Health plan Basic Isolation and Quarantine Guidance has been updated to reflect this shift.
At-Home/OTC Covid Testing Kit Distribution
We will distribute another round of At-Home/Over the Counter (OTC) Covid Test kits to distribute to all students and staff for the month of October. We will be sending out another round of OTC test kits before the Thanksgiving break and Winter Breaks as well. More information will follow next week.
Health Services team members have delivered Narcan to every school site this week. If you have not yet received your delivery, please notify Health Services immediately.
School Site Administrator(s)
- Provide Naloxone / Narcan Training at the next staff meeting
or similar event - 12 minute video & handouts found in the
training form link below.
- Thank you for taking the next 15-20 minutes to learn how to save the life of someone at risk of death from opioid overdose. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfDFKqIujN2cqwtbLzeiRYwHstMSoAr-VdW3a1RzCSHo6HMhA/viewform
- Ensure everyone knows where the Narcan, Epi-pens, and AED are located
- Submit an incident report when Narcan is used
- Requests for replacement supplies submitted and fulfilled by Health Services by calling 916-643-9412
School Required Immunizations
Health Services sends a series of communications over the summer to the guardians of students who have not met the immunization requirements for specific grades. School sites are required to continue following up with their remaining non-compliant students. Schools are subject to state audit if students are non-compliant with immunization requirements.
- Health Services has created an “Immunization Monitoring Best Practices” guide for schools to follow, to ensure state immunization mandates are met.
2022-2023 SCUSD Free
Immunization Clinics (must meet listed eligibility
- Thursdays from 3pm – 6pm
- District Enrollment Center – Room 4 (5601 47th Avenue)
- Free SCUSD Covid Vaccine Clinics - Tuesdays from 4-6pm, at the District Enrollment Center – Room 4 (5601 47th Avenue)