InClass Today Attendance Letters
As you remember, in December, we partnered with InClass Today to send out attendance reports to chronically absent students and students at risk of becoming chronically absent. InClass Today will provide absence letters to families 5 times this year and the second round was just mailed out on Friday, January 25, 2019. Approximately 7,000 K-12th grade students that are missing between 5-20% of school will receive these reports. InClass Today will apply a student selection algorithm to identify and select eligible students that their analytics suggest most likely to benefit from receiving the reports, so not every child that falls into the at-risk or chronically absent category will receive a letter. Also, parents and guardians may opt their child out of the program at any time.
What you need to know:
- The first round of letters was mailed Friday, December 7, 2018.
- The second round was mailed Friday, January 25, 2019.
- Absences from the week of November 12-16 (Butte County Fire) will not be factored into the total absence count on the letters.
- The list of students who received Round 1 letters is available in the shared “InClass” Google folder. (If you need your site’s link, please email Jennifer Kretschman.)
- The list of students receiving Round 2 letters will be in the same folder as soon as it is available.
- Parents/Guardians will be directed to call a centralized resource number to field questions, concerns or to opt out at 916-713-7341.
- If you have a student or students you would like to exclude because of extenuating circumstances please create a list in the following format: student_id, student_first, student_last, school_name, grade_level
- Please send completed exclusion list to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have additional questions please contact me via email or at 916-643-2136.