InClass Today – Attendance Letters
Through the Be HERE Attendance Grant, the district has entered into a partnership with InClass Today in an effort to reduce chronic absenteeism. InClass Today delivers absence reports to parents and guardians. The interventions offered by InClass use behavioral insights to empower parents and guardians with actionable information about their child’s absences.
Research has demonstrated that parents frequently have misconceptions when it comes to school attendance and underestimate the number of days their students miss. InClass Today’s absence reports communicate a child’s absence information simply and frequently, focusing parents’ attention on attendance during key periods throughout the year.
InClass Today will provide absence reports to families 5 times this year. Approximately 7,000 K-12th grade students that are missing between 5-20% of school will receive these reports. InClass Today will apply a student selection algorithm to identify and select eligible students that their analytics suggest most likely to benefit from receiving the reports, so not every child that falls into the at risk or chronically absent category will receive a letter. Also, parents and guardians may opt their child out of the program at any time.
What you need to know:
- The first round of letters will be mailed Friday, December 7, 2018.
- The list of students receiving the letters will be available to administrators the following week.
- Parents/Guardians will be directed to call a centralized resource number should they have questions or concerns.
- If you have a student you would like to opt out because of extenuating circumstances we can do so for round two in January.
- A sample letter has been attached.
If you have additional questions, please contact Doug Huscher or Jennifer Kretschman for more information.