Immunizations Required for School Entry
Elementary, K-8 School
As sites embark on Kindergarten registration out at school sites, we wanted to provide some quick resources for you. Please share this with anyone at your site that will be enrolling students and/or reviewing immunization records:
- – this is your quick reference sheet for what immunizations are required at the time of enrollment.
- (attached – in all available languages) – an easy to read listing of required immunizations for parents.
- – Frequently Asked Questions for Personal Beliefs Exemptions which are no longer issued in California
- – We are able to provide free immunization to students without private insurance. Please see the flyer for more information.
- https://www.shotsforschool.org/ – this website is a wealth of information, hosted by CDPH’s Immunization Branch
- https://cair.cdph.ca.gov/exemptions/home - all medical exemptions issued for admission must come from this website (effective 1/1/21)
A 30 minute training video covering these resources can be accessed here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_cGKuak62G1-r3mV1Jlxcd-xj0A9YSxat_c-sFsXTNI/edit?usp=sharing
Additional Immunization resources from Health Services can be found here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Mfse6K76NDQ6dovxnfhtbtzPTnvcnyqu?usp=sharing