Please share the information below and attached with all staff.
Face coverings protect our community from the spread of COVID-19. All SCUSD staff, students in all grades, parents/guardians and visitors are required to wear a face covering unless they have a verified and approved exemption from a physician or it is inappropriate for the age or developmental level of the individual. Fully vaccinated individuals must continue to wear a face covering during school and work.
Face coverings must be worn at all times including while:
- Entering or exiting school grounds or district spaces
- Participants in youth and adult sports should wear face coverings when participating in the activity, even with heavy exertion as tolerated, both indoors and outdoors.
- On school grounds with few exceptions
- On a school bus
- Engaged in work, whether at the workplace or performing work off-site, when:
- Interacting in-person with another individual
- Working in any space visited by multiple people such as the front office, staff room, or hallways
Staff or students who work in a space together, such as an office or classroom, must ensure they maintain physical distance of at least 6ft and must wear a face covering when in space with other individuals. Staff may not create their own bubble where these measures are breached. Individuals must eat and drink in designated spaces and maintain more than six feet of distance from other persons. The space must be well-ventilated – eating outdoors is best if weather permits.
Note: Recent CDC guidance for fully vaccinated individuals and removing face coverings outdoors with others does not apply to the workplace.