Distance Learning – Comprehensive Sexual Health Education
K-8, Middle and High Schools
This announcement is to inform you of our move to shift our
2-week sexual health education curriculum to distance learning.
Teachers were informed by email and will be invited to join
our district’s google classroom where the lessons will be
located. From there, teachers will be able to make a copy of the
assignments in the classroom and assign to the students. If you
would like to be added to the classroom as well to preview the
resources, please send an email to email@example.com and
you will be added to the classroom.
Here are some reminders that we sent to teachers:
- Although we have moved student learning to distance learning, sexual health education is still required by law.
- Work with your students to create/share ground rules. The teacher guide can be helpful to get started (see page 14). Reach out to Janna Cantwell for additional support.
- Our main priority is student safety. Please design the
instructional experience to maximize student safety including
providing parents an opportunity to preview the curriculum and
opt-out in writing (by email). Here are some friendly
instructions to provide to parents:
- To preview the curriculum please visit (www.scusd.edu/chya) and navigate to the lesson plans at the bottom of the page.
- If you wish to opt-out or have questions, please send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org by _________.
- Each lesson has been modified to take 20-30 minutes of instructional time. Although instruction isn’t ideal, we believe that the content that students are learning is still important.
- Teachers are allowed to and supported in accommodating the experience so all students can access the learning – teachers should not change the content of what is being taught.
Thank you, please don’t hesitate to reach out with questions.