CPI Training (Crisis Prevention)
How do you help kids who demonstrate intense behaviors? You know
from experience that a gut-instinct response is not a response
that often works. Respond on primal instinct and the situation
generally gets worse. Tempers flare. Behaviors escalate. Chaos
fuels the fire.
But with a proactive approach, you can navigate difficult situations with a lot more ease. Often, you and your colleagues can even PREVENT behaviors from spinning out of control in the first place.
Crisis Prevention Institute Training:
March 26th or April 11th (9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.)
Charles A. Jones Career and Education Center
- Maximize student performance by learning strategies for maintaining a positive academic environment.
- Learn identifiable behavior levels and appropriate staff response to minimize disruption of student learning.
- Learn a non-violent physical crisis intervention for emergency situations.
- Learn skills that work for preventing, managing and debriefing challenging behaviors.
- Establish crisis intervention teams and appropriate protocols for on-site intervention.
Please click on link to register or go to: Crisis Prevention
Institute Training https://www.scusd.edu/pod/certificated-professional-learning-sessions.
Presented by: SCUSD Behavior Specialists