College Signing Day Toolkit
We want to inform you that National College Signing Day will take place on May 1, 2019. If you would like to organize an event at your school to recognize students who will be pursuing postsecondary education after high school, our District staff has put together the attached helpful toolkit with resources that you can use to plan a College Signing Day event at your school.
The toolkit has templates that can assist you in planning an event, should you choose to host one. The toolkit includes:
- Planning Checklist/Timeline
- Template “Save the Date” email and flyer to students and families notifying them of a College Signing Day event at your school
- Template event reminder email
- Template of the Certificate that can be created by the District print shop to recognize your participating students
- To generate certificates, attached is an excel spreadsheet that you or a member of your staff should fill out and submit (with instructions) to the Central Printing Office if you plan to host an event
- A sample “run of show” that you can use for day of event logistics (This will be sent later to those sites that choose to participate)
- Sample talking points that Principals can use on the day of the event (This will be sent later to those sites that choose to participate)
We know a College Signing Day event can help schools build enthusiasm on campus for students to pursue postsecondary education and we have worked hard to provide you with as many tools as possible should you choose to host an event to recognize your students. Please let us know by Monday, April 1st if you would like to host a College Signing Day event at your school. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to email@example.com.
Thank you for your consideration.