Attendance Awareness Month Toolkit: ATTENDANCE MATTERS!
Student Attendance is at an all-time low. Almost 40% of our students missed so much school last year they were chronically absent, COVID has confused everyone. Families think school is “optional”. Students have gotten out of the routine of attending class every day. So now what? We must PRIORITIZE attendance & engagement and message its importance NOW! The CARE team created this simple toolkit to help plan and organize Attendance Awareness month. Let’s remind our community that school attendance MATTERS!
Please use this Attendance Awareness Month Toolkit
Attendance Matters Fair - September 17
HERE is your To Do List for August!
- Create your school’s attendance display. (Marquee, Bulletin Board, etc.)
- Print Attendance banners and posters and fliers for families
- Plan student assemblies and family events to discuss attendance
- Launch a community door-knocking campaign to remind families when school starts.
- Share the Showing Up Matters for R.E.A.L.: A toolkit for communicating with students and families with teachers and staff during professional development sessions before school starts
- Create Student Attendance Goal Sheets for every student to complete the first week of school (Elementary Goal Sheet | Secondary Goal Sheet)
- Include Key messages on attendance in ALL your
Key Messages, SCUSD
Attendance Messaging (cut & paste), Sample Tweet/Post:
- Taking action to engage students and families is essential for addressing the absenteeism, enrollment declines and educational inequities that have been exacerbated by the pandemic. Join the Attendance Awareness Campaign and address chronic absence today! http://bit.ly/1oqfID7