AP Textbooks for 2019-20 Academic Year
The late adoption of updated AP Instructional Materials (attached) likely created confusion, and may have resulted in duplicate resources for the 2018-19 school year.
Per SCUSD Board Policy 6161, AP teachers moved through the process for reviewing and recommending for adoption updated Instructional Materials to use in AP English, Math, Social Science and World Language classes. The Board approved the recommendation of the AP Instructional Materials Committees, and new materials were approved for adoption as follows:
- September, 7, 2017: AP Psychology & AP US History
- May 3, 2018: AP Language & Comp; AP Literature & Comp.
- June 21, 2018: AP US Govt. & Policy; AP Spanish Language
- August 16, 2018: AP Calculus AB/BC; AP Statistics
- October 18, 2018: AP French; AP Chinese; AP Latin; AP German
For the 2019-20 school year, the district will only allocate resources to cover the newly adopted materials on the attached list. No other resources will be secured with district funding.
Library Textbook services will work with your site to ensure that you start the school year with enough materials per the Williams Act.