AP 2018 Implementation
This year SCUSD is participating in the early implementation of updated Advanced Placement protocols.
Two significant shifts are occurring for the 2018-19 AY:
- All students enrolled in AP Courses will be registered to take the corresponding AP Exam(s).
- Regardless of household income, all Advanced Placement Exam fees will be covered by SCUSD.
To meet these goals, the following steps need to be taken:
1. AP School Site Participation Form — complete by 9/14/18; The new AP Registration and Ordering system (APRO) cannot be set up until this form is submitted through the system online. A reminder that the access code sent to each principal to access the system and this form will need to be provided to the AP Coordinator to complete this task.
2. AP Audit Updates — Complete by 10/4/18; The new AP Registration and Ordering system (APRO) cannot be set up until this vital step is complete. The AP Audit site includes the following:
- AP Administrator(s) registered to the campus
- AP Teachers registered to the campus
- AP Teachers submit course syllabus for AP Audit Approval
- AP Administrators approve courses
- Remove any courses/teachers no longer at the campus
3. Submit AP Access code (Launch Code) to SCUSD AP Department. In order to fully support schools, the AP Department needs the 6 digit Launch Code that was sent to High School Principals.
4. Review AP Coordinator Handbook (attached).
For answers to school site specific questions, please contact Kari Hanson-Smith.