2020-2021 New Teacher Support / Support Provider Application
New Support Providers must participate in one New On-Boarding
Workshop (offered virtually June 2nd, 3rd or 4th) AND one All
Support Provider On-Boarding Workshop event (offered virtually
June 8th or 9th.) An application MUST be submitted and approved
prior to receiving an invitation to the On-Boarding Workshops.
(Application submission due date to participate in the above
workshops is Friday, May 29, 2020.)
The Induction Office is working to add to our current list of Support Providers for the 2020/2021 school year. Our goal is to have at least one participating Support Provider at each of our school sites. Support Providers serve a critical role in the trajectory of a new teacher’s success in education. If you served as a Support Provider in the 19/20 school year, you will need to reapply. We would like to open the opportunity for teachers to apply to participate as Support Providers for our new teachers hired in SCUSD.
There are many benefits to serving in the role of a Support Provider. For many Support Providers, they find they become better with their own instructional strategies when planning, observing, reflecting and sharing with Participating Teachers and other Support Providers—as modeling these practices can help to deepen one’s own understanding. Additionally, this may help develop skill-sets for working with adult learners which is often critical to pursuing other opportunities in Leadership district-wide.
All SCUSD Support Providers will:
- have three or more years teaching experience
- hold a clear teaching credential
- have the support and recommendation from their current supervisor to participate
- support the Participating Teacher in the development of the Individualized Learning Plan (ILP)
- provide Just-In-Time support
- attend one On-boarding Workshop prior to beginning the program (New Support Provider Training the first week of June 2020)
- use Google Classroom and google drive for the collaboration and completion of the completed support activity
- tasks required for the Participating Teachers
- complete a support activity google form for weekly support activities on a weekly basis (providing on average one hour of support weekly)
- attend and participate in a Winter Seminar (mid-year)
- attend and participate in a Colloquium (end of year)
- participate in quarterly Peer Review process with a Peer Review Partner
- complete program surveys as requested
- adheres to the Support Provider roles and responsibilities
Currently, Support Providers receive a stipend of $526.19 quarterly for successful completion of the assigned tasks for the first participating teacher assigned to them; Support Providers receive a stipend of $394.75 for successful completion of assigned tasks for any additional Participating Teachers assigned to them. ($2,104.77 for four quarters for the initial teacher assigned; $1,579 for four quarters for any additional teachers assigned.)
Please consider serving in this capacity if you feel you are ready to act as a Support Provider. Last year, SCUSD hosted approximately 170 Induction Participating Teachers and about 73 Intern and/or Short-Term Staff Permit Participating Teachers.
If you have further questions please feel free to contact our
Kelly Dunkley, Induction Coordinator: email@example.com
Christine Velasquez, New Teacher Support Office Technician: Christine-Velasquez@scusd.edu.
Please use the link below to apply prior to the May 29th due date
in order to participate in the June Workshops:
2020 Support Provider Application