2018-19 HACEMOS Scholarship Program
The HACEMOS Scholarship Foundation is now accepting applications for the 2018-2019 HACEMOS Scholarship Program.
Applications are now being accepted online through https://www.scholarsapply.org/hacemos and are due February 28, 2018.
The HACEMOS Scholarship Program is designed to assist students of Hispanic heritage and/ or dependents of HACEMOS members to obtain a college degree. The award amount is $1,500 for students attending two-year colleges and $2,500 for students attending four-year colleges during the 2018-19 academic year. Successful candidates are selected on the basis of academic achievement, financial need, personal strengths and leadership.
Awards are not renewable; however, students may reapply to the program each year they meet eligibility requirements. Awards are for undergraduate study only. And, for the first time, applicants can apply for a scholarship even if their local chapter is not participating!
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be of Hispanic heritage OR be a dependent* child of an active HACEMOS member.
- Current high school seniors, high school graduates or current postsecondary undergraduates 25 years of age or younger as of the application deadline.
- Plan to enroll in an undergraduate course of study at an accredited two- or four-year college, or university located in the United States, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam or any other U.S. territory for the 2018-19 academic year.
- Enroll in at least 12 credit hours per semester in coursework leading to a degree.
- Have a Grade Point Average of 3.0 or better (on a 4.0 scale or equivalent).
*Dependent child is defined as a biological, step- or legally adopted child living in the member’s household or primarily supported by the member.
Open to DREAMers? There is no request for citizenship status.
Awards are for undergraduate study only.
Awards: The only mode of application will be a web-based e-application. The recipient selection process includes the consideration of academic performance, financial need, demonstrated leadership and participation in school and community activities, work experience, a statement of career and educational goals and objectives, unusual personal or family circumstances and an outside appraisal.
Additional information: Visit www.hacemos.org and click on “Contact Us.”
Don’t forget to visit http://www.scholarshipamerica.org/ for additional scholarship opportunities.