Permit Transfer Requests
2022-2023 School Year Permit Transfer Requests
The deadline to submit 2022-2023 School Year Permit Transfer Requests has passed. The deadline was May 2, 2022 at 5:00 p.m.
Permit transfers are approved based on space availability at the requested school.
A transcript and/or withdrawal grades as well as attendance and behavior reports are required when requesting an intra and inter district permit.
- Please contact your current school to request these documents or log onto the Infinite Campus Parent Portal.
- You may submit your student’s most recent report card for the various documents. Please highlight each section and upload separately. For example – for the attendance record, highlight the attendance section of your student’s report card to submit.
- If the student has no behavior or discipline report submit a document with the word “no behavior report” in its place.
Timeline for Submitted Permits
- Please note that a submitted permit does not guarantee a spot and are NOT reviewed on a first-come-first-served basis
- Due to the COVID-19, our response times may extend into the month of June.
- Parent/guardians will be notified if approved or denied by email provided on the application.
- Please check your spam folder.
Inter-district permits are used to transfer in and out of the Sacramento City School District. Permit transfers are approved based on space availability at the requested school. A transcript and/or withdrawal grades as well as attendance and behavior reports are required when requesting an inter-district permit transfer.
Change School From Outside the Sacramento City Unified School District to a School Within the District
If you would like to change schools from outside the district to a school within the Sacramento City Unified School District, you will need to request an inter-district permit transfer from your district of residence. Your current district must approve the inter-district permit first, and then you must submit it to the SCUSD Enrollment Center for processing.
You can bring applications to the SCUSD Enrollment Center Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm and use your K-12 dropbox to submit. Please make sure to attach your students transcripts and any other viable documents (copies only no originals).
Inter-district permit requests may take up to 2 weeks to process.
Request to Attend a School Outside the Sacramento City Unified School District
If you would like to change schools from your school of attendance to a school outside the district, you will need to request an inter-district permit transfer from the Enrollment Center.
- Complete the
- Then submit your completed application and supporting documents using this webform.