Open Enrollment 2019-20
When and how will I be notified whether my application for a “school of choice” was selected through the lottery process?
You will be notified by U.S. mail in on March 1, 2019.
It is imperative that an updated residence address is on file with the district and on the Open Enrollment application.
Who has priority in the lottery selection process?
Lottery Selection Priorities:
- Siblings of students already in attendance at that school and will continue to be enrolled in the upcoming 2019-2020 school year.
- Children whose parent/guardian’s primary place of employment is the selected school site.
Third priority (administrative priority)
- When unique circumstances occur at a school site, such as a school closure, program changes, and/or over-crowding occurs; district administrators may institute a specific priority to meet staffing and housing needs.
Schools without Attendance Boundaries:
- Siblings of students already in attendance at that school and will continue to be enrolled in the upcoming school year.
- Children whose parent/guardians’ primary place of employment is the selected school site.
- All other students who reside in the Sacramento City Unified School District attendance area, but are not included in the first or second priorities.
What happens if my child doesn’t get accepted to the first or second school of choice?
Your child will only be placed on the waiting list for their first choice. Placement from the waiting list occurs only if space becomes available. The Enrollment Center Director working with site administrators will contact the parent(s)/ guardian(s) when and if space becomes available.
Students who apply to a specialized program and have not met the school’s admissions requirements will not be included in the lottery. If the student hasn’t applied to another site, the student must attend his/her neighborhood or current school.