Draft Learning Continuity and Attendance Plan
Opportunity to Provide Input on Draft
SCUSD is seeking input from students, staff, families, and community members on the district’s initial draft of the Learning Continuity and Attendance Plan. The purpose of this plan is to describe how the district will address the impacts of COVID-19 and maintain continuity of student learning in the coming year. The final document will include the district’s plans for:
- Providing distance learning and, when public health conditions allow, in-person instruction
- Measuring student progress and participation and address learning loss
- Providing supports for English Learners, Foster Youth, Homeless Youth, Students with Unique Needs, and Low-income students
- Ensuring access to devices and connectivity
- Providing resources and supports to address student and staff mental health and social emotional well-being
- Student and family engagement and outreach to reengage students who are absent, unengaged, or at risk of learning loss
- Providing school meals for students during distance learning and in-person instruction
- Increasing/improving services for English Learners, Foster Youth, Homeless Youth, and Low-Income students
SCUSD’s Learning Continuity and Attendance Plan is closely aligned to the Return Together Plan components that are being released as they are completed. SCUSD values stakeholder voice and input will be used to guide revisions. The revised draft will be presented in a public hearing at the September 3rd board meeting and the final draft will be presented for adoption at the September 17th board meeting.
All stakeholders are encouraged to provide comments on the Draft Plan. The draft is available in Spanish, Hmong, Chinese, Vietnamese, and English. The draft plan and comment forms can be accessed at the following address www.scusd.edu/pod/learning-continuity-and-attendance-plan.
Thank you for sharing your experience and perspectives. The voices of students, staff, family, and community are an important part of the district’s planning process
Translated versions of this announcement can be accessed by clicking on one of the links to the right.