Learning Continuity and Attendance Plan
View the SCUSD Learning Continuity and Attendance Plan. This version was approved by the Board of Education on 9.17.20. Any subsequent revisions or updates will be posted on this page.
Senate Bill 98, approved by Governor Newsom on 6.29.20, made several key changes to accountability requirements for 2020-21. These include the establishment of a new requirement – The Learning Continuity and Attendance Plan.
The contents of SCUSD’s Learning Continuity and Attendance Plan are aligned to the information in the district’s Return Together plans. These plans are cited throughout the document and can be viewed in full on the district’s Return Together page.
The Learning Continuity and Attendance Plan memorializes the ongoing planning process for the 2020-21 school year. It includes some items that are pending, still in development, and/or being discussed in negotiations with bargaining groups. The plan includes descriptions of how the district is doing the following:
- Addressing gaps in learning
- Conducting meaningful stakeholder engagement
- Maintaining transparency;
- Addressing the needs of unduplicated pupils, students with unique needs, and students experiencing homelessness
- Providing access to necessary devices and connectivity for distance learning
- Providing resources and supports to address student and staff mental health and social emotional well-being
- Continuing to provide school meals for students
- California Department of Education (CDE) Learning Continuity and Attendance Plan resource page
- Senate Bill 98 text
- Sacramento County Office of Education (SCOE): School Year Planning: A Guide to Address the Challenges of COVID
- California Department of Health: COVID-19 Industry Guidance: Schools and School-based Programs
- California Department of Education: CDE Stronger Together: A Guidebook for the Safe Reopening of California’s Public Schools
The summary of stakeholder input in the district’s plan includes highlights of feedback provided by specific groups across a range of opportunities. Additional details for stakeholder input are provided below:
- Public Comments on 8.20.20 Opening of Schools Update presentation to the board
- Public Comments on 7.16.20 Opening of Schools Preparation Update presentation to the board
- Distance Learning Parent/Guardian Survey Results
- Distance Learning Student Survey Results
- Video Recording of 8.11.20 Virtual Town Hall on distance learning
- LCAP Parent Advisory Committee Meeting Notes (8.3.20 and 8.24.20)
- Summary of June/July Listening Sessions on Distance Learning
- Comments submitted in response to publicly available draft (V1.5): Parents/Guardians/Caregivers, Teachers, Classified Staff, Other Certificated Staff, and Community Members/Partners. Comments submitted in languages other than English are being prepared for translation.
Additions and updates to the above materials will be made as they become available. FAQs are also being developed based upon staff responses to the common stakeholder questions and comments received.