June is Pride Month!
Celebrate with us!
We are pleased to celebrate Pride month in honor of our 2SLGBTQQIA+ students, families, staff, and community members! Please take advantage of this collection of informational materials and resources, curated by our own Connect Center staff!
Local Resources for Students and Individuals
Gender Health Center: Sacramento’s Gender Health Center is focused on providing an accessible therapy and counseling program for the gender variant community. (916) 455-2391
Sacramento LGBT Community Center: The Sacramento LGBT Community Center works to create a region where LGBTQ+ people thrive. (916) 442-0185
SCUSD Connect Center’s LGBTQ Support Services: offers students, families, school staff and community professionals a centralized source of information and support regarding issues facing LGBTQ students that attend SCUSD schools. (916) 826-4174
Reading and Information for Students and Individuals
- Be Yourself: Questions and Answers for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, and Questioning Youth
- Queer and Transgender Resilience Workbook
- The Gender Unicorn
- You and Your Gender Identity
Resources for Educators, Families, and Allies
- Gender Neutral Language for the Classroom
- LGBTQ Distance Learning Guide for Educators
- Sacramento Area Rainbow Kids: Rainbow Kids is a group of families who gather together for support, education, and community to help raise their transgender, gender variant, gender non-conforming or gender questioning children (4-18 years old) in a supportive and loving manner. (916) 642-9760
- Trans Families Sacramento/PFLAG Sacramento (Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays): PFLAG promotes the health and well‐being of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender persons, their families and friends through: support, to cope with an adverse society; education, to enlighten an ill‐informed public; and advocacy, to end discrimination and to secure equal civil rights. (916) 978‐0410