Welcome Back to School!
Dear Sac City Unified Families,
We were so happy to welcome your students back to school today after reaching tentative agreements with SCTA and SEIU. We recognize that the recent strike has adversely impacted students, families, and our community and we will need to heal over the next days and weeks by meeting our students’ academic and social and emotional needs.
As our students returned today, we know that how we intend to address lost instruction is top of mind for everyone in our community. We are committed to keeping you informed of this as we work with staff and state entities to determine next steps in this process.
In the spirit of transparency, we encourage you to take some time to review the tentative agreements reached with SCTA and SEIU by clicking on the links below. For a brief overview and answers to your pressing questions, you may also read an overview of our agreements with SCTA and SEIU here or check out our updated Negotiations FAQ page. Each agreement is available for you to review in its entirety below:
- MOU Between SCUSD and SCTA 2019-2022 Successor Contract and COVID Reopening Schools Negotiations April 3 2022
- MOU Between SCUSD and SEIU April 3 2022
- MOU Between SCUSD and SCTA – Substitute Pay & Extra Work 2021-2022 School Year – April 3, 2022
- MOU Between SCUSD and SCTA – Safely Reopening Schools to In-Person Instruction Services & Independent Study – April 3 2022
- MOU Between SCUSD and SCTA Nurse Extra Hours 2021 2022 School Year
- MOU Between SCUSD and SCTA Temporarily Assigning Training Specialists to Fill Vacant Teaching Positions in the District 3-22-22
We want to thank the families and community organizations that supported our students during the strike. We are especially grateful to Central Kitchen for providing our students with 90,440 free meals while schools were closed.
We must move forward together to heal and put our students first. We hope that you take the upcoming spring break (April 11-15) to rest and spend quality time with your families.
Lastly, we’ll be providing free at-home COVID test kits to our families once again and will provide more details in a separate communication.