Tentative Labor Agreement Reached With SEIU, Local 1021
The Sacramento City Unified School District and leaders of the Service Employees International Union, Local 1021 have reached a tentative agreement on a three-year contract.
Highlights of the agreement include:
- All SEIU member salaries will increase by 7.5% over three
- 2.0% salary increase for 2016-17, effective 1/1/17
- 2.0% salary increase for 2017-18, effective 7/1/17
- 3.5% salary increase for 2018-19, effective 7/1/18
- Option to re-open items (including compensation) in the 2nd and 3rd year of the agreement.
- All SEIU, Local 1021 members employed 6 hours or greater will contribute one third of one percent of their base salary toward payment of retirement benefits.
- Instructional Aides in Child Development will receive a salary increase equal to one range on the salary schedule.
- Bus drivers currently working 5 hours per work day will increase shifts to 6 hours per work day. All new bus drivers will work a minimum of 6 hours per work day.
- Paid leave for child birth will increase from 1 day to 3 days.
- Employees with accumulated vacation will be offered a one-time opportunity to cash out up to 30 days of vacation.
- The annual allowance for purchasing appropriate safety footwear for transportation shop personnel, roofers and other staff as designated by the district will increase from $135 to $200.
- District will provide uniforms (aprons, shirts, hair nets, hats/visors) for all nutrition services workers.
- Clarifying contract language that will enable more opportunities to transfer to open positions in the district.
The SEIU, Local 1021 will now take the tentative agreement to its membership for ratification. Upon ratification, the Board of Education will vote to approve the agreement.